From: "Ehud Lamm" <mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il>
Subject: Re: XML/Ada
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:24:12 +0300
Date: 2001-08-30T10:24:12+03:00	[thread overview]

chris.danx <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:g4ej7.4084$wX5.497941@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com...
> Hi folks
>
> Has anyone got XML Ada built on the Windows platform yet?  I'm aware that
> there is no distro or makefile for windows, yet.  Makefiles have always
> posed a problem for me, and i'm working through the sources of the package
> to see if there's a possible alternative way to build it.   If anyone has
> built it, could you please share how you did it?
>
> When I try I get
>
> too many parameters: gnatmake
>
> and a bunch of other errors.

I compiled XmlAda-0.5.1 on an Windows box, using Gnat-3.13.
The readme tells you about the gnatmake parameters (you have to uncomment
the second gnatmake line, and comment out the first one), inside
makefile.module.

However, the make process still failed here, so I had to play with it a bit.
I didn't fix the makefile, just cleaned after it manually.

Ehud Lamm
mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il