From: "Marin David Condic" <dont.bother.mcondic.auntie.spam@[acm.org>
Subject: Re: Text IO
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:47:31 -0400
Date: 2001-08-28T16:47:33+00:00	[thread overview]

You aren't being very specific here. Try posting some of your code and error
messages from the compiler, etc. It is a good idea to provide as much
information as you can about what is not working when posting to a
newsgroup. (Typically, post the compiler + version you are using and the
machine/OS + version you are using just for starters. Code snippets and
error messages from the compiler are also very helpful.)

Commonly, if you are using Text_IO, you would do it sort of like this:

Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line ("Some Number: " & Integer'Image (X)) ;

You have to state the type to which the attribute applies - hence the
Integer'Image (or Float'Image or Natural'Image or Boolean'Image)

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer