From: Niklas Holsti <niklas.holsti@tidorum.invalid>
Subject: Re: Task activation
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 14:35:15 +0200
Date: 2011-12-21T14:35:15+02:00	[thread overview]

On 11-12-21 13:58 , tonyg wrote:

> I seem to have a problem with task activation
>
> I have a task which I am using to launch other tasks. This task is
> activating fine. I have three task pointers in a package spec, when I
> want to activate the task I declare a task of the necessary type
> inside a procedure and point the access variable to the task. However
> it does not seem to get past activation of the task. I cannot see the
> reason for this.

If you declare a task as a local object within a procedure, the
procedure cannot return until the task is completed. The procedure will
wait at its "end" for all its local tasks to finish.

If you want to create a task in a procedure in such a way that the task
continues to exist and run after the procedure returns, you must make
the procedure allocate a new task object, from the heap, with a "new".

--
Niklas Holsti
Tidorum Ltd