From: "mop" <mop65715@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu>
Subject: ada newbie
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 11:06:09 -0400
Date: 2001-08-07T11:06:09-04:00	[thread overview]

so my data looks like this.   In C I could create a structure and go from
there.   I'm new to Ada and need help on how to setup the data.  I suspect I
could use some sort of a record once I setup the structure in Ada to pass
the data.

example data
word          bit            function            remarks
1                2-0          command         logic 001
                    3            mode               logic 0 - normal
                                                          logic 1 -
diagnostic
                  7-4          spare

etc.etc
8                7-0        checksum          sum of above message bytes

i'll be sending data across a serial port and need to change the parity bit
on the fly.  from MarkParity to SpaceParity.   So I'll send word 1 - default
parity bit MarkParity then change to SpaceParity for the rest of the data.

help.  already wrote fully functional GUI is C but now need to do the same
in Ada and have no idea where to start.