* XML ada
@ 2003-03-26 15:57 Andy Ingram
From: Andy Ingram @ 2003-03-26 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have just started using XML/Ada.
I have been playing around and have managed to get to grips with nodes and
node lists to get a 'list' of elements with the same tag.  However i am now
trying to get the data within these tags.  I am attempting this by using
DOM.Core.Character_Datas.Data and passing it a node (obtained from my
nodelist).  This returns a DOM String.  How do i then use this DOM String as
a 'normal' string? I.e how do i output this to the display or store it in a
string for later use?
EG. below, i want to output all the values of 'name', ie..
***
bob
bill
***
<peoplelist>
  <person>
    <name>bob</name>
  </person>
  <person>
    <name>bill</name>
  </person>
</peoplelist>

Thanks for any help
Darren

* Re: XML ada
@ 2003-03-26 19:43 `
From:  @ 2003-03-26 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andy Ingram wrote:
> I have just started using XML/Ada.
> I have been playing around and have managed to get to grips with nodes and
> node lists to get a 'list' of elements with the same tag.  However i am now
> trying to get the data within these tags.  I am attempting this by using
> DOM.Core.Character_Datas.Data and passing it a node (obtained from my
> nodelist).  This returns a DOM String.  How do i then use this DOM String as
> a 'normal' string? I.e how do i output this to the display or store it in a
> string for later use?

   The format of a DOM string should be UTF-16 following the standard
specification. This is not the same format that Ada uses for String
characters.

   If you want to print a DOM string with XML Ada, use the Print_String
function in Dom.Core.Nodes.

Rodrigo

* Re: XML ada
@ 2003-03-27  4:53 ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2003-03-27  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can't seem to find the sources right now (I'll look again tomorrow), but I
have been through this exercise.

If I remember right, you can get at this information through the
DOM.Core.Nodes package.  Have a look at "Node_Name" and "Node_Value".  If I
can find my sources I wrote code at one point to dump the contents of all of
the XML elements.

Steve
(The Duck)

"Andy Ingram" <andy_ingram@lineone.net> wrote in message
> I have just started using XML/Ada.
> I have been playing around and have managed to get to grips with nodes and
> node lists to get a 'list' of elements with the same tag.  However i am
now
> trying to get the data within these tags.  I am attempting this by using
> DOM.Core.Character_Datas.Data and passing it a node (obtained from my
> nodelist).  This returns a DOM String.  How do i then use this DOM String
as
> a 'normal' string? I.e how do i output this to the display or store it in
> string for later use?
> EG. below, i want to output all the values of 'name', ie..
> ***
> bob
> bill
> ***
> <peoplelist>
>   <person>
>     <name>bob</name>
>   </person>
>   <person>
>     <name>bill</name>
>   </person>
> </peoplelist>
>

> Thanks for any help
> Darren

* Re: XML ada
@ 2003-03-28  3:29   ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2003-03-28  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Couldn't find my sample source code, but take a look at the implementation
of:
 "Print" in "DOM.Core.Nodes".
This may give the answers you're looking for.

Steve
(The Duck)

"Steve" <nospam_steved94@attbi.com> wrote in message
> I can't seem to find the sources right now (I'll look again tomorrow), but
> have been through this exercise.
>
> If I remember right, you can get at this information through the
> DOM.Core.Nodes package.  Have a look at "Node_Name" and "Node_Value".  If
> can find my sources I wrote code at one point to dump the contents of all
of
> the XML elements.
>
> Steve
> (The Duck)

* Re: XML ada
@ 2003-04-08 11:54     ` darren.i
From: darren.i @ 2003-04-08 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
I have had a few problems with my news group access recently, but its all
sorted now.
I just wanted to say thank you to Steve and Rodrigo for their help with my
xml problem, i managed to get it to work!

Thanks very much
Darren