From: "Ehud Lamm" <mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il>
Subject: Re: About Interfacing Ada to other languages.
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 00:13:13 +0300
Date: 2001-07-31T00:13:13+03:00	[thread overview]

Didier Utheza <ddutheza@bu.edu> wrote in message
news:Pine.A41.4.10.10107301302040.93338-100000@acstmp.bu.edu...
> Hello everyone,
> I would like to interface Ada to Prolog and Eiffel. I cannot find extended
> information on the topic besides the ref. manual (its reading is more for
> knowledgeable people on the subject). Can anyone orient me toward some
> documentations or books to consult?
> Thanks in advance.
> Didier Utheza.

These are not languages for which the Ada RM defines Interface packages,
whihc make life easier and portable.(you have C, Cobol and Fortran). I guess
the best apporach is to check whether the Eiffel/Prolog implementations you
want to use have some C interface, and use that to connect to the Ada
program (via Interfaces.C).
Another apporach, these days, is to use a component architecture, like COM,
and then utilize something like GNATCOM, which allows you to interface to a
COM component from Ada.
(I thin that if you paln to target a JVM environment you may some more
options, but  I haven't really checked).

Maybe if you give more details someone would be able to give more specific
advice.

Ehud Lamm