* Reading the source. (Novice question.)
@ 2001-07-26  0:24 McDoobie
From: McDoobie @ 2001-07-26  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I downloaded and installed the mw_components library from adapower.com

Now, I'm a little fuzzy on where I look in the source code to find names of the
routines and parameters that I actually call from this group of packages.
(I'm sure this is proabably covered in my book somewhere, I just havent
found it yet.) Specifically, I'm interested in the "bags" package.

I'm gonna try writing some code to see if I can figure it out on my own, but a
little pointer or two would be helpful.

Laters.

McDoobie
chris@dont.spam.me

* Re: Reading the source. (Novice question.)
@ 2001-07-26  1:37 ` James Rogers
From: James Rogers @ 2001-07-26  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

McDoobie wrote:

> I downloaded and installed the mw_components library from adapower.com
>
> Now, I'm a little fuzzy on where I look in the source code to find names of the
> routines and parameters that I actually call from this group of packages.
> (I'm sure this is proabably covered in my book somewhere, I just havent
> found it yet.) Specifically, I'm interested in the "bags" package.
>
> I'm gonna try writing some code to see if I can figure it out on my own, but a
> little pointer or two would be helpful.

Look in the package specifications.

Jim Rogers
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA

* Re: Reading the source. (Novice question.)
@ 2001-07-26  9:05   ` Gerhard Häring
From: Gerhard Häring @ 2001-07-26  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

James Rogers wrote:

> McDoobie wrote:
>
>>I downloaded and installed the mw_components library from adapower.com
>>
>>Now, I'm a little fuzzy on where I look in the source code to find names of the
>>routines and parameters that I actually call from this group of packages.
>>(I'm sure this is proabably covered in my book somewhere, I just havent
>>found it yet.) Specifically, I'm interested in the "bags" package.
>>
>>I'm gonna try writing some code to see if I can figure it out on my own, but a
>>little pointer or two would be helpful.
>>

> Look in the package specifications.

Apart from the obvious (looking into the .ads file and the test_bags*
files), you can get a cross-referenced view of the source code with
gnathtml. That's sometimes quite useful when browsing thru source.

Gerhard

* Re: Reading the source. (Novice question.)
@ 2001-07-26 10:04     ` McDoobie
From: McDoobie @ 2001-07-26 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3B5FDD6C.6000904@bigfoot.de>, Gerhard H�ring
<gerhard.nospam@bigfoot.de> wrote:

> James Rogers wrote:
>

>> McDoobie wrote:
>>
>>>I downloaded and installed the mw_components library from adapower.com
>>>
>>>Now, I'm a little fuzzy on where I look in the source code to find
>>>names of the routines and parameters that I actually call from this
>>>group of packages.
>>>(I'm sure this is proabably covered in my book somewhere, I just havent
>>>found it yet.) Specifically, I'm interested in the "bags" package.
>>>
>>>I'm gonna try writing some code to see if I can figure it out on my
>>>own, but a little pointer or two would be helpful.
>>>

>> Look in the package specifications.
>

> Apart from the obvious (looking into the .ads file and the test_bags*
> files), you can get a cross-referenced view of the source code with
> gnathtml. That's sometimes quite useful when browsing thru source.
>
> Gerhard

Thanks. I am browsing the .ads files. Very informative.

This is actually easier than I thought. Compared to browsing C libraries in
particular.

Just about got the OOP concepts worked out. Those .ads files are helping
alot with that.

Thanks again.

@ 2001-07-26 15:10       ` Adrian Knoth
From: Adrian Knoth @ 2001-07-26 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

McDoobie <chris@dont.spam.me> wrote:

> Thanks. I am browsing the .ads files. Very informative.

> This is actually easier than I thought.

> Those .ads files are helping alot with that.

Indeed. I learned GtkAda by this.

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

  Schlecht: Du kannst deinen Vibrator nicht finden.
  Panik: Deine Tochter hat ihn sich ausgeliehen.