From: "Marin David Condic" <marin.condic.auntie.spam@pacemicro.com>
Subject: Re: Package Question [Newbie]
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:13:59 -0400
Date: 2001-07-06T14:14:02+00:00	[thread overview]

You can use packages to create classes, but the two are not exactly
synonimous. Packages will do a lot more than just build classes.

The "this" thing in C++ is sort of a kludge (IMHO) because everything in C++
wants to be a kind of binary operator function. (the syntax and semantics of
all this are insane!) Really, you are better off not trying to find
analogies to C++ in Ada because the concepts of how a language should work
are very different. If you want to do OOP in Ada, learn about tagged types
and subprograms within packages and you'll be well on your way.

Look at http://www.adapower.org/ for all sorts of resources to help you
learn Ada. This newsgroup will be very helpful to you as well.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer