From: "Steve Scandore" <steve.scandore@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject: Old ADA exectuables on Solaris.
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:03:04 -0700
Date: 2001-06-27T22:58:42+00:00	[thread overview]

I have an old executable compiled from ADA code (around 1998). I recently
tried to run the program on a Solaris workstation and consistently receive
the following error.

** MAIN PROGRAM ABANDONED -- EXCEPTION "constraint_error" RAISED

The first line of the program is not even being reached. There is something
else happening between the program and operating system. Any ideas? I print
the exit status and get a 42 as shown.

echo $status
42

I can not recompile, no source code at this point. I do know the first line
is a print statement which is not happening. The program worked before it
just doesn't work now. The program was compiled with the verdix compiler (I
think was also the sun compiler). The current OS is a fresh install of
Solaris 2.5.1 Thanks in advance for any information.

Steve