* AWS question
@ 2001-06-27 21:26 Ehud Lamm
From: Ehud Lamm @ 2001-06-27 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

First I must thank the AWS authors for doing a great job.

My question is about using AWS.Client. I am accessing a site that uses
multiple levels of redirection, and I was wonering if there is some hidden
option so that Client.Get will get the "normal" HTML page, after all the
redirections are done. This seems like a useful feature, but I couldn't find
it, so it seems I have to follow these links myself (which means parsing the
META tag etc.)
Is there an easier way to do this?

(If not, I'd add this to the TODO list, since it is seems to me to be quite
important for building clients).

--
Ehud Lamm   mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ehudlamm <==  Me!

* Re: AWS question
@ 2001-06-28  3:49 ` Ehud Lamm
From: Ehud Lamm @ 2001-06-28  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I spoke too soon...

I found the redirection code for status code 301 inside AWS.Client. The
problem is that the page I access returns a 302 message, and a textual
message saying the page has moved.
What confused me is that when I give the same URL in the browser, the
redirection happens.

--

@ 2001-06-28 18:36   ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2001-06-28 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Ehud Lamm" <mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il> writes:

> I spoke too soon...
>
> I found the redirection code for status code 301 inside AWS.Client. The
> problem is that the page I access returns a 302 message, and a textual
> message saying the page has moved.

This is strange (a 302 message with a moved message). I would say that this is
not a proper HTTP response. And anyway 302 means "Found" which is not the
case...

> What confused me is that when I give the same URL in the browser, the
> redirection happens.

Pascal.

--|

* Re: AWS question
@ 2001-06-28 19:03     ` Ehud Lamm
From: Ehud Lamm @ 2001-06-28 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal Obry <p.obry@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

> This is strange (a 302 message with a moved message). I would say that
this is
> not a proper HTTP response. And anyway 302 means "Found" which is not the
> case...

According to the RFC I looked at, it means "Temporarily moved."
But it seems my problems are more reltaed to the sites use of
authenitaction, using scripts and cookies. It is a shame, since it seems
that there's no easy way to make my user agent work.