From: "Ehud Lamm" <mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il>
Subject: Re: Heterogenous_Array_Test: please explain error
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:10:53 +0300
Date: 2001-06-13T20:10:53+03:00	[thread overview]

> According to the LRM a qualified expression will do a subtype constraint
check,
> but in this case I'm pretty sure you are right. We are talking about 2
*derived*
> types here, and the compiler is already *sure* its one of them, so its not
> matter of simple clarification.

In fact I was thinking to myself that this is one subtle issue where the LRM
definitions are not easily understandable. Skiming the LRM on qualified
expression I wasn't sure if this should work. This is one palce where I
agree with decision not to use LRM references in compiler error messages...
(contrary to my usuall stand on the LRM references issue).

--
Ehud Lamm   mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ehudlamm <==  Me!