From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Intended use of package Ada.Task_Attributes
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 13:24:48 +0200
Date: 2005-05-05T13:24:49+02:00	[thread overview]

On 05 May 2005 12:50:19 +0200, Mark Lorenzen wrote:

> Regarding the package Ada.Task_Attributes, what is the intended use of
> user-defined task attributes? I can find no godd hints in the AARM. Is
> it the intention that a user (programmer) can define all sorts of
> attributes or is the package of more use to compiler vendors for
> implementing implementation-defined task attributes / properties?
>
> What constitutes a "good use" of this package?

Basically the task ID is anything you need. You can then create a hash
table to keep pointers to the task specific data global in your system.
This will require dynamic handling of the table and also checking if the
table contains task data and creating them if necessary. Task_Attributes
provides an alternative which might appear more usable in an embedded or
real-time system: statically allocated data, faster data access (no hash
table search needed) etc.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov