From: "Ehud Lamm" <mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il>
Subject: Re: Specialization of generics
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 19:16:42 +0300
Date: 2001-06-04T19:16:42+03:00	[thread overview]

> Right. For me the easiest is to just have two generics (one for each
> "specilization").
> ---
> T.E.D.    homepage   - http://www.telepath.com/dennison/Ted/TED.html

Yap, that's what I'd do.
What I really miss is being able to overload generic units. For example,
imagine a package that can work on any non-limited type, but has a more
efficient version ("specialization") is the type is ordered (i.e, has an "<"
operator). The client code "simply" instantiates the unit, getting the
appropriate version automagically.
This is great when the internal structure of a library shouldn't really
concern clients, and thus "we manage complexity."

--
Ehud Lamm   mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ehudlamm <==  Me!