From: byhoe@greenlime.com (Adrian Hoe)
Subject: Re: Digital MoBoard in Ada
Date: 16 May 2002 05:25:47 -0700
Date: 2002-05-16T12:25:48+00:00	[thread overview]

Richard Riehle <richard@adaworks.com> wrote in message news:<3CE1D960.7FE28DFC@adaworks.com>...
> Adrian Hoe wrote:
>
> > "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com> wrote in message
> > > I can assure you that with a properly enabled browser there is
> > > plenty to see, although this is not an Open Source project, nor
> > > is the program available to non-Department of Defense persons.
> >
> > Why not? I don't see any military confidentiality in this program. If
> > that's a great software to help safe navigation of vessels, then it
> > should be available to everyone. After all, it shows that another
> > successful Ada implementation for safety critical computing. :)
>

> Someone once said they found themselves making people angry more
> often by trying to something nice than by being crass and cranky.  I
> have tried to do something nice and find myself getting beat up by
> those who I thought would be pleased by the information.

Come on. Nobody's beating up anybody here. They were just expressing
their opinions and so was I.

If the developers of the software simply think that their software
should remain limited to the Military or themselves, so be it. There
is no big deal. I was just expressing my opinion and I just think that
the software could be helpful in sea navigation.

But I think if the Military wants to claim their rights to the
software, the developers will be told not to release any information
on that.

Just my two cents and cheers. :)

--
                                       -- Adrian Hoe