From: byhoe@greenlime.com (Adrian Hoe)
Subject: SGI Ada95 compiler
Date: 7 Mar 2002 17:18:22 -0800
Date: 2002-03-08T01:18:23+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

I have searched the Google's archives and found lots of threads
talking about SGI Ada95.

I am planning a project at this moment and I am thinking of getting
SGI workstation. And of course, I am going to use Ada for my project.

My understanding from those threads is that SGI has been investing a
lot into Ada95 compiler and they even make their Ada to interoperate
well with their C/C++ libraries. And I also know that Ada can inherit
classes from C++ and vice versa. And I also learned that SGI Ada95 is
a port of GNAT (or actually GNAT). Can somebody confirm this?

Is code written for SGI Ada95 compilable using other Ada compilers
especially the C++/Ada inheritance things have been added by SGI?

Is there anyone using SGI Ada95 (I bet a handful of them)? Can you
share your experience using SGI Ada95? Is there any comparison charts
(sort of) for SGI Ada95 and other Ada95 compilers?

Where can I get more information about SGI Ada95? I have visited SGI's
Ada95 website and the information is limited there.

Thanks.

                                       -- Adrian Hoe
                                       -- http://adrianhoe.com