* sub-reddit Ada
@ 2010-04-30 11:53 Peter Hermann
From: Peter Hermann @ 2010-04-30 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

what happened with http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/ ?
there doesn't seem to be anything there

regards
http://www.ihr.uni-stuttgart.de/forschung/ada/resources_on_ada/

* Re: sub-reddit Ada
@ 2010-04-30 18:16 ` Keith Thompson
From: Keith Thompson @ 2010-04-30 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Hermann <h@h.de> writes:
> what happened with http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/ ?
> there doesn't seem to be anything there

You're right, and there were a number of articles last time I looked.

The best way to find out is probably to send a message to the moderators
(search for "message the moderators" on the page).

Nokia

* Re: sub-reddit Ada
@ 2010-05-01 10:50   ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2010-05-01 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/30/10 8:16 PM, Keith Thompson wrote:
> Peter Hermann<h@h.de>  writes:
>> what happened with http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/ ?
>> there doesn't seem to be anything there
>
> You're right, and there were a number of articles last time I looked.

Everything is still there, though it is not displayed
via the link given above...

http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/new/?sort=new

@ 2010-05-01 15:29 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2010-05-01 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Hermann wrote:
> what happened with http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/ ?
> there doesn't seem to be anything there

I've got messages into the Reddit Admins, but haven't heard anything
back yet.

I know at least one other, completely unrelated, sub-reddit has lost its
main page postings, so it's not just affecting Ada.

I will continue to pester them until this gets fixed.

Marc A. Criley
Ada sub-reddit moderator

* Re: sub-reddit Ada
@ 2010-05-01 22:14   ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2010-05-01 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Marc A. Criley" <mcNOSPAM@mckae.com> writes:

> Peter Hermann wrote:
>> what happened with http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/ ?
>> there doesn't seem to be anything there
>
> I've got messages into the Reddit Admins, but haven't heard anything
> back yet.
>
> I know at least one other, completely unrelated, sub-reddit has lost
> its main page postings, so it's not just affecting Ada.
>
> I will continue to pester them until this gets fixed.

The RSS feed at feed://www.reddit.com/r/ada/.rss continues to work fine
(unless there's been something posted since the IFACTS article?

* Re: sub-reddit Ada
@ 2010-05-02 14:11     ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2010-05-02 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon Wright wrote:

> The RSS feed at feed://www.reddit.com/r/ada/.rss continues to work fine
> (unless there's been something posted since the IFACTS article?

The only thing posted since then was a "self-posting" that I used as a
test, and then deleted.

Apparently this is a fairly widespread problem, mostly affecting the
smaller sub-reddits. I'd noticed that "alabama" had also vanished, and
in one of the moderator help forums a number of others were mentioned.

Reportedly the admins are "working feverishly" on getting it resolved,
but no timeframe has yet been provided.

Marc A. Criley
Moderator, Ada Sub-reddit