From: B_Gaffney@My-Deja.com (B.Gaffney)
Subject: Re: Informal "poll" about a minor AdaGIDE improvement
Date: 29 Aug 2001 11:42:20 -0700
Date: 2001-08-29T18:42:20+00:00	[thread overview]

"Gautier Write-only-address" <gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.998434769.19473.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>...
> Hullo.
>
> These times I'm toying with AdaGIDE sources.
> I have added the following feature:
>
>   AdaGIDE remembers the line & column position of cursor
>   after closing a window, for the next reopening.
>
> In current release, windows always open in the (1,1) position.
> When you have work sessions around line 537 of source A and
> 1203 of source B etc., I find more comfortable that an IDE
> remembers positions.
>
> Q: do you prefer the feature to be optional (but it would be
>    one option more) ?
>
> Remark: wishes are welcome! I already have a list...

Well, this would definitely count as a wish:

It'd be nice to (somehow) be able to specify the command used to
compile.  I can think of two uses:

1)  To GnatChop a file and compile a main unit (perhaps the unit with
the same basic name as the file).  The compiler errors should be
output, so that should still work.  [I currently use a .BAT file which
Chops into a subdirectory, compiles in that directory, and returns the
executable.  This helps to keep things clean.]

2)  To check in the source (to CVS, etc.) before each compile.

I haven't a clue how this would be implemented/specified, but it would
be nice (even if there were restrictions).

          --Brian