From: sbelmont700@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Cairo bindings and e-mail license virus bombs
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 12:09:47 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2014-12-10T12:09:47-08:00	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, December 10, 2014 2:09:03 PM UTC-5, David Botton wrote:
> I doubt legally anyone using source files that state a license clearly as these do can be called to question that they are in violation of another license not stated if fulfilling the terms of the stated license in the file.

Of course they can.  If I take the packages from, say, Green Hills, strip off whatever proprietary header they have, put on the GMGPL header, and start passing them around here for free, they aren't suddenly free for the whole world to use in perpetuity.  I get sued into oblivion for violating my license with Green Hills, and you get a threatening letter stating that you have to either stop using those stolen files or else buy a legitimate copy.  You don't get to keep stolen goods, even if you acquired them unknowingly and in good faith.