* thumbs up to embedded system design (ESD)
@ 2010-04-20 10:34 Peter Hermann
From: Peter Hermann @ 2010-04-20 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

in
www.embedded.com
search for
expressive vs. permissive languages

I am glad to have the paper issue of April 2010
pages 25 to 30

* Re: thumbs up to embedded system design (ESD)
@ 2010-04-20 23:48 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2010-04-20 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Hermann wrote:
> in
> www.embedded.com
> search for
> expressive vs. permissive languages
>
> I am glad to have the paper issue of April 2010
> pages 25 to 30

You need to check in with the Ada sub-reddit every now and then.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/

That one's been there for almost two weeks now :-)

Marc A. Criley

* Re: thumbs up to embedded system design (ESD)
@ 2010-04-21  8:03   ` Peter Hermann
From: Peter Hermann @ 2010-04-21  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marc A. Criley <mcNOSPAM@mckae.com> wrote:
> You need to check in with the Ada sub-reddit every now and then.

true.
disadvantage: need to be active.

> http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/

although this link is on top of my resources as
"continuous News:  Ada programming "sub-reddit"...."
I still do not know who is the author/creator of that sub-reddit.
I am new to this reddit concept (and cautious!).

> That one's been there for almost two weeks now :-)

I found this article on real paper first.
Does reddit have an e-mail alert mechanism?

* Re: thumbs up to embedded system design (ESD)
@ 2010-04-21 11:35     ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2010-04-21 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Hermann schrieb:
> Marc A. Criley <mcNOSPAM@mckae.com> wrote:
>> You need to check in with the Ada sub-reddit every now and then.
>
> true.
> disadvantage: need to be active.
>
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/

Found that this works:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/.rss

* Re: thumbs up to embedded system design (ESD)
@ 2010-04-21 23:48     ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2010-04-21 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Hermann wrote:
> I still do not know who is the author/creator of that sub-reddit.
> I am new to this reddit concept (and cautious!).

Well, I'm the creator and moderator (along with Santiago Uruena) of the
Ada sub-reddit, so I guess it comes down to how much you trust the
individual claiming to be me :-)

I do vet every submission, although I do most of the posting, which is a
state of affairs I would love to see changed--I can't read everything
everywhere y'know! Only one submission has ever been booted, and that
was because I didn't want any links to that M. Kempe (y'all know what
I'm talking about :-) website.

> I found this article on real paper first.
> Does reddit have an e-mail alert mechanism?

As Georg mentioned, Ada and all the other sub-reddits have an RSS feed
that you can subscribe to.

Marc A. Criley
Ada Sub-reddit moderator
http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/