From: Jeffrey Creem <jeff@thecreems.com>
Subject: Re: convert Word to PDF via GNATCOM
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:21:52 -0500
Date: 2006-02-12T12:21:52-05:00	[thread overview]

Stephen Leake wrote:
> I have several Microsoft Word documents that are updated occasionally,
> and I'd like to automate converting them to PDF for publication on a
> Web page. (Yes, I'd rather they were in LaTeX or some other source,
> but I'm stuck with MS Word for now).
>
> I have Adobe Acrobat installed. It adds a button to Word that does the
> conversion nicely.
>
> I'd like to use Gnu make to automate things, but I'm open to other
> suggestions.
>
> I don't know how to invoke a Word button (or the underlying macro)
> from a command line.
>
> So I'm trying to use GNATCOM to generate a binding, and write a simple
> Ada main that invokes the Word macro that does the PDF conversion.
>
> I've run bindcom on MSWORD.TLB, and generated lots of Ada code, but I
> don't see anything that looks like "call a macro".
>
> Any suggestions?

May not be quite as good but it looks like it might be easier to do this
  with http://wvware.sourceforge.net/

Since it ends up using the Acrobat Distiller for the final conversion to
PDF the resulting PDF should be good with the exception of any possible
misinterpretation of the word data.

If that does not work, perhaps this articule will

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172483/