From: William Thomas <williamjthomas7777@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Trouble with Timers on the ARM
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 21:43:53 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2014-08-16T21:43:53-07:00	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:53:17 PM UTC-4, Mike Silva wrote:
> I've connected an STM32F4 board to an LCD display, and modified the last chance handler to print out the offending file and line number.  Your code fails in
>

> s-taprob.adb   line 95
>

> which is here:
>
>       if Caller_Priority > Object.Ceiling then
>
>          raise Program_Error;
>
>       end if;
>

> Sorry, don't have the time now to dig deeper.
>

> Mike

Thanks Mike,

I got the last chance handler to print out the Null terminated string returned at address along with the line number. Sure enough I received the same message coming from System.Tasking.Protected_Objects.

It turns out that I had to set the protected object's priority to System.Max_Interrupt_Priority in order for the timer to work properly.

I would imagine its because the Callback is being called back by something that was being executed as a result of some processor timer which I believe would have to be coming in at Max_Interrupt_Priority.

Thanks for the help.

Bill