From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: LEA - Lightweight Editor for Ada - First (early) binary release, v 0.5.
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 09:56:28 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2017-11-07T09:56:28-08:00	[thread overview]

On Monday, November 6, 2017 at 4:50:48 AM UTC-6, gautier...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > what do you mean by "light-weight"
>
> This alludes to somthing like Notepad++: quick start, responsitivity, possibility to work project-less.

On a modern computer, do you actually notice the difference in startup time between Notepad++ and Emacs or GPS?

Emacs can be project-less or project-full.

Since the editors are multi-document, "startup" should really mean "open another file in the current editor instance"; why would you ever exit the editor?

> > and "script-like"?
>
> This is in the works, but for small programs you'll be able to punch a key and see the result immediately.

That's "GUI", not "script". "script" (to me, anyway), means "a simple interpreted language".

What sort of results are you talking about? Compilation errors? reformatting? program output?

Emacs and GPS do all of those.