* Ada/Programmers Salary information
@ 2001-05-15 12:48 RSCullen
From: RSCullen @ 2001-05-15 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I used this site    www.hitechsalary.com     to review my current salary

and found it to be very helpful.    If anyone knows of a better site for

salary data for an  Software Programmer in the Defense Industry let me
know.  I'm
looking for information on the following areas (TX, AZ, VA and FL).
Thanks.

RCSullen.
Software Eng

* Re: Ada/Programmers Salary information
@ 2001-05-16 21:31 ` Jeffrey L. Susanj
From: Jeffrey L. Susanj @ 2001-05-16 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Call me paranoid, but I don't feel the need to give them my e-mail address
to get the info.  I have enough spam in my in-box as it is.

Jeff S.

@ 2001-05-17 10:38   ` David Kristola
From: David Kristola @ 2001-05-17 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 16 May 2001 14:31:05 -0700, Jeffrey L. Susanj wrote
(in message <GDG6Ft.9Iz@news.boeing.com>):

You might surf over to http://www.realrates.com/

--
   --djk, keeper of arcane lore & trivial fluff
   --Home: David95036 plus 1 at america on-line

* RE: Ada/Programmers Salary information
@ 2001-05-17 17:57 Beard, Frank
From: Beard, Frank @ 2001-05-17 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org'

Well, it was just disguised spam to begin with.  I've never seen
him on the list before.  If this RCSullen guy even exists, he's
probably an employee, or owner, or somehow affiliated with
www.hitechsalary.com, or got spoofed.  When he refers to his
profession as Software Programmer and then signs off as Software
Eng(orge) (presumably Software Engineer), you already know
something's wrong.

It's just like the other spam I get, "I just found a great site
for CDs at www.CdSpam.com.  You should check it out!", from some
guy I don't know.  It's just the spammer sending an add to get
you to visit the sight.

This site wants you to enter your e-mail so they can spam you
some more.

Frank

@ 2001-05-17 19:05 ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2001-05-17 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

It might be SPAM for the website or it might be SPAM from a headhunter
looking to pick up some resume's for jobs in "(TX, AZ, VA and FL)" (Every
time I look for a job, I look for one in at least 4 widely scattered states
too. Doesn't everybody? :-) If he's got clients who need Ada programmers,
its one way to try to find the specialized people he needs.

I've often wondered why the headhunters don't bother to do a little research
rather than just blindly SPAM? (And do a rather bad job of subterfuge while
they're at it.) If you know you need Ada people in West Bumblefrig, Idaho,
it would seem that searching the newsgroup here would yield lots of names &
e-mail addresses and appropriate contact info (like does anybody list
"Idaho" as their present location?) & go harass those people. Headhunters
have never been shy about calling me on the phone - why would they suddeny
get polite & bashful because they found my name on C.L.A.?

Of course, I could be simply giving them ideas....

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer