From: "Bob McChesney" <bob@teambob.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Trouble with renaming types
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 16:22:39 +0100
Date: 2001-05-09T19:21:27+00:00	[thread overview]

Thanks for your message Stephen.

I've managed to get this instantiation malarkey working thatks to Christoph.

The reason I was keeping the type private is what I'm being taught so that I
learn to keep the functions on a type within it's package. My reference to
moving things out of private was regarding the fact that I could get things
to work with a subtype declaration but that can only be done if the type
that subtype is deriving from is non-private [at least that was my
experience. I don't want to argue against anyone about it though =) ].

I thought something was going wrong with my type declaration, but it was in
fact my later call of the type's functons.

Thanks very much to everyone who's provided their assistance.

Bob