From: mockturtle <framefritti@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT on Raspberry Pi?
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 03:31:10 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2017-10-20T03:31:10-07:00	[thread overview]

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 9:28:22 AM UTC+2, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> On 19/10/2017 22:13, mockturtle wrote:
>
> > I just got a Raspberry Pi 3.
>
> A big disappointment regarding performance, but that's aide.

True, pretty slow, especially for file system access (it is my impression).  Anyway, I want to make a demonstrator with it and it is fairly good for that.

> Why don't you just install Debian or Fedora there? The FSF GNAT 7
> compiler works right out of the box. Both armhf and arm64 (RPI 3 is
> 64-bit) flavors are available. I shortly tested arm64 Ada on Fedora,
> before I switched back to 32-bit, it worked nicely.

Your suggestion gave me the idea of trying to install it via apt-get (it could seem strange that I did not think about it before, that is because I am used to install the version on the libre.adacore site and I did not consider apt-get).  It works, it seems a pretty old version (2015? 2014?), but it is enough for my needs.

Anyway, I wrote to AdaCore anyway since it is strange  that the package for ARM contains 80386 executables (is maybe something escaping me?).