* xmlada and tree_readers.ads
@ 2005-04-30 12:33 Thomas Hühn
From: Thomas Hühn @ 2005-04-30 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I try to compile a project that complains about a missing
tree_readers.ads file.

A quick Google search gave me this in the xmlada documentation:

"A default SAX implementation is provided in the tree_readers file,
through its Parse function."

But I haven't been able to locate that file "tree_readers.ads". My
xmlada (from the GNAT Academic Program) hasn't installed it, I think.

Is it in some other library, not xmlada?

And a short followup: GtkAda 2.2 from the GAP CD doesn't compile, does
it? And GtkAda 2.4 does compile, but has an error in make install, but
only in the examples, so it doesn't matter much, right?

Thomas

* Re: xmlada and tree_readers.ads
@ 2005-05-02 13:36 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2005-05-02 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas Hï¿œhn wrote:
> I try to compile a project that complains about a missing
> tree_readers.ads file.

I don't see this file either in my XMLAda installation.

> But I haven't been able to locate that file "tree_readers.ads". My
> xmlada (from the GNAT Academic Program) hasn't installed it, I think.

I don't know what version of xmlada is part of that program, so I'd
encourage you to get version 1.0 from http://libre.adacore.com/xmlada
(or get the latest version from cvs, directions on how to do that are
provided on the same page).

I've downloaded, installed, and used versions 1.0 and the cvs versions
with no problems.

<plug>
And once you get it working, take a look at some of the Ada utilities
I've got for XML at www.mckae.com :-)
</plug>

Marc A. Criley
www.mckae.com

* Re: xmlada and tree_readers.ads
@ 2005-05-02 14:10   ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-05-02 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marc A. Criley wrote:
> Thomas H�hn wrote:
>> I try to compile a project that complains about a missing
>> tree_readers.ads file.
>
> I don't see this file either in my XMLAda installation.
>
>> But I haven't been able to locate that file "tree_readers.ads". My
>> xmlada (from the GNAT Academic Program) hasn't installed it, I think.
>
> I don't know what version of xmlada is part of that program, so I'd
> encourage you to get version 1.0 from http://libre.adacore.com/xmlada
> (or get the latest version from cvs, directions on how to do that are
> provided on the same page).

It was in the "\dom" folder in the 0.7.1 release

* Re: xmlada and tree_readers.ads
@ 2005-05-02 14:24     ` Thomas Hühn
From: Thomas Hühn @ 2005-05-02 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Dowie schrieb:

>>I don't know what version of xmlada is part of that program, so I'd
>>encourage you to get version 1.0 from http://libre.adacore.com/xmlada

That's what I have.

> It was in the "\dom" folder in the 0.7.1 release

Thank you. I'll look for that release.

@ 2005-05-02 17:24       ` Björn Lundin
From: Björn Lundin @ 2005-05-02 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Hühn; +Cc: comp.lang.ada

2005-05-02 kl. 16.24 skrev Thomas Hühn:

> Martin Dowie schrieb:
>
>>> I don't know what version of xmlada is part of that program, so I'd
>>> encourage you to get version 1.0 from http://libre.adacore.com/xmlada
>
> That's what I have.
>
>> It was in the "\dom" folder in the 0.7.1 release
>
> Thank you. I'll look for that release.

from features in top level directory

New features in version 1.0
<cut>

- tree_readers.ads renamed to dom-readers.ads
   This way, only the XML/Ada namespace is used, without conflicts with
files
   that may come from the user's code.

'
Björn Lundin
bnl at spray dot se

* Re: xmlada and tree_readers.ads
@ 2005-05-03  1:37 ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2005-05-03  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

The file and package name changed in XML/Ada 1.0

XML/Ada 0.7.1  tree_readers.ads  == XML/Ada 1.0 dom-readers.ads

The package name also cahnged from:

tree_readers to Dom.Readers.

A bit of a nuisance, but it follows the structure of XML/Ada better.

Steve
(The Duck)

@ 2005-05-03 14:09       ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2005-05-03 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas Hï¿œhn wrote:

>>> I don't know what version of xmlada is part of that program, so I'd
>>> encourage you to get version 1.0 from http://libre.adacore.com/xmlada
>
> That's what I have.
>
>> It was in the "\dom" folder in the 0.7.1 release
>

> Thank you. I'll look for that release.

If you already have v1.0 installed, there should no longer be any
references to tree-readers.ads.  Where is this attempted access coming from?

Have you uninstalled any old versions of xmlada and reinstalled fresh?

Don't go back to an old version, 1.0 and the latest cvs are much improved!

Marc