* Planning for FOSDEM 2012?
@ 2011-11-13 23:50 R. Tyler Croy
From: R. Tyler Croy @ 2011-11-13 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm starting to figure out whether I will be flying to Brussels for FOSDEM
2012 <http://www.fosdem.org/2012/>, and I noticed that there is an Ada
Developer Room: <http://www.fosdem.org/2012/devrooms_for_2012>

What's the plan for that? I've only been to FOSDEM once before, so I'm not
100% sure what to expect or plan for :)

How many Ada folks are planning on going?

--
- R. Tyler Croy
--------------------------------------

* Re: Planning for FOSDEM 2012?
@ 2011-11-14 11:45 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2011-11-14 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

R. Tyler Croy wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> I'm starting to figure out whether I will be flying to Brussels for FOSDEM
> 2012 <http://www.fosdem.org/2012/>, and I noticed that there is an Ada
> Developer Room: <http://www.fosdem.org/2012/devrooms_for_2012>
>
> What's the plan for that? I've only been to FOSDEM once before, so I'm not
> 100% sure what to expect or plan for :)

You can expect a great time.  In addition to the devroom, there will
be a dinner on Saturday evening for any Adaists interested.

> How many Ada folks are planning on going?

It is a bit early to tell for sure but I think you can already count
on 3 people.

I suggest you subscribe to the AdaFOSDEM[1] mailing list for the
details.  Once subscribed you can peruse the list archives.

[1] http://ls.kuleuven.be/archives/adafosdem.html

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: Planning for FOSDEM 2012?
@ 2011-11-14 14:26   ` Dirk Craeynest
From: Dirk Craeynest @ 2011-11-14 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Further to Ludovic's response about the Ada Developer Room at FOSDEM
2012 early February 2012 in Brussels, Belgium, you might be interested
to check out the program on the web-pages for the previous edition [1].

We then had a DevRoom with 60-65 seats, and had to deny entrance to
the room several times as all seats were taken.  Now we'll have a room
with 80 places.  Some pictures of the 2009 edition are available [2].

All this should give you some idea about what can be expected...

HTH

[1] <http://www.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/events/09/090207-fosdem.html>
[2] <http://www.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/events/09/090207-fosdem/pic/>

Dirk