From: "Marin David Condic" <marin.condic.auntie.spam@pacemicro.com>
Subject: Re: GPL and Plug-INs and XML\Ada
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 10:32:57 -0400
Date: 2001-05-03T14:32:59+00:00	[thread overview]

Fair enough, but I have a question: At some point in the process of linking
my app such that it will work with your DLL, somewhere there has to be
something that scans over the interface to your DLL & makes sure my app is
compliant with that interface. Correct? There *may* be some kind of
copyright issues involved here - but certainly some rather convoluted ones.
Id est, I have to read over your specification and "copy" from that
procedure names, parameters, etc. IMHO, that would be a *real* stretch of
the concepts of copyright, but then, I'm not a lawyer.

I still don't think it would hold up in court and I'm wondering if anyone
has actually ever brought a case. Until there is some case law on the
subject, its hard to say exactly what is correct. Until you have at least
one judge making a ruling on it, it could go in any direction.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer