From: john@peppermind.com
Subject: Re: Sledgehammer Indexing Tools
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 04:41:11 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-08-07T04:41:11-07:00	[thread overview]

Hi Simon,

> Your repo contains .npp and .adt files, both of these are generated and
>
> shouldn't be there.

Yep, I agree. It seems that gnatclean does not remove them. I also need to edit the exclude lists for bazaar.

> In - for example - external_lookup.ads, you've "use"d several of your
>
> own packages. I'd think that you can reasonably expect readers to know
>
> the standard library (for example, Indefinite_Vectors), but how can they
>
> know where Occurrences is defined?

That I don't understand.They are defined in the respective source packages. Do you mean I should comment the use of these packages better in the source code?

> Again in external_lookup.ads, couldn't most of the private part be moved
>
> to the package body?

Good question. I vaguely remember that I instantiated generic packages and assigned values to variables in the private part on purpose, but I can't remember exactly why. I'll check that.

By the way, to make this more portable I probably shouldn't hardcode the paths to the helper utilities either. Is there a "standard" way to find executable paths on Linux and other Unix-like systems?

Anyway, thanks a lot for the feedback!

Best,

Erich