From: Olivier Henley <olivier.henley@gmail.com>
Subject: ANN: Awesome-Ada
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 13:45:29 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2018-12-03T13:45:29-08:00	[thread overview]

After an exchange with Emmanuel Briot I decided to publicize a curated Awesome-Ada page. (A curated list of every Ada initiatives worth publicizing)

https://github.com/ohenley/awesome-ada

I also write to you for your help. If you know any Ada package that you think is awesome please edit the readme.md file and create a pull request. I will review the change and accept it if no major problems are found.

Note:

a) I know, adaic.org already does list most projects/libs but an Awesome-* github page is a known thing in other language communities, so I figured we needed a complete one too.

b) If you add a project that is WIP and/or do not build, please be explicit about it in the project's readme.

c) Do not hesitate to re-categorize some projects if you think I got it wrong. I do not know every package in details.

d) At the end you will find a TODO list; meaningful projects to list. Any help with this will be appreciated.

e) If you can, use github for your projects. Apart from being very useful, it shows Ada is keeping up with 'the trend' and gives a 'uniform look' over the community.

f) If you can, use the readme.md as doc/comment/build instructions on github. If you want a template for a pretty complete readme.md clone https://github.com/ohenley/readme-template. The Orka project does it well also: https://github.com/onox/orka .The readme.md file uses the markdown syntax. You can pick up quickly with this cheatsheet: https://github.com/adam-p/markdown-here/wiki/Markdown-Cheatsheet

g) Github now offers to host 'blog pages/web pages' for free. Do not hesitate to use them for deeper instructions, doc, blog posts. Contrary to custom pages they should never go down, and they have no publicity. :)

Thx,

Olivier