From: Ada novice <shai.lesh@gmx.com>
Subject: Re: cannot write to a file in Linux despite +rw permissions
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 07:44:03 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2013-01-18T07:44:03-08:00	[thread overview]

I have tracked the problem. It is working fine now. On Windows while GPS is running, I can terminate the application with the cross X located in GPS at the bottom right. The text file stops being written and if I open the text file, then I can see the values wriiten up till when I terminate the program.

On my Linux, if I press the terminate button in GPS while the program is still running and the file is being written, something happens so that the text file does not keep the values wriiten so far. This is why I was getting a blank text file.

I was not noticing this as I was running a complex program that takes long to run. But when I tried my small code and it worked, this gave me some hint.

Problem solved!

YC