From: "Joyce Tokar" <tokar@attglobal.net>
Subject: In Rememberance of Jean Ichbiah
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:47:16 -0700
Date: 2007-01-28T13:47:16-07:00	[thread overview]

With great sadness I learned from Ben Brosgol that Jean Ichbiah passed on
Friday, 26 Jan 2007

Ben said that Jean had a brain tumor around a year ago, and he had a serious
fall last Autumn in which he fractured his skull. He was in rehab for
several months, and I believe that he had been home (in Burlington, Mass.)
for several weeks.

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, January 30, at 12:30 pm:

Temple Shalom Emeth  16 Lexington Street  Burlington, Mass.

To quote Jobn Barnes:

"Jean had an amazing understanding of the basic concepts concerning what
programming was really about. Ada may have its flaws but it is a damn sight
better than anything else I know.

Jean will be remembered as the inspiration for ideas which have driven many
of our careers."