From: "Marin David Condic" <marin.condic.auntie.spam@pacemicro.com>
Subject: Re: Strings dynamic
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:03:34 -0400
Date: 2001-04-12T15:03:36+00:00	[thread overview]

While in a relative sense, unbounded strings are going to cost you some
performance versus fixed length strings, it has been my experinece that on
most of today's hardware and for most applications, it really doesn't
matter. Unless you're doing some really intense string processing or you've
got some really tough realtime requirements, you won't notice any
performance difference. It would be a mistake to avoid using unbounded
strings out of fear that it will make one's application run too slow. Go for
the ease of use because the performance hit will not be perceptable in most
situations.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic