* Exclude files from Source_Dirs in GPS configuration
@ 2009-08-13 12:56 Pablo
From: Pablo @ 2009-08-13 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.
I have a directory tree with so many files which I address at GPS
configuration file, for instance, as
     for Source_Dirs use (".", "Folder\/**");
but I need to exclude some specific files, how do I do this?

PS.: Sure, I can point to the files that I use "one by one" and
exclude the files from list I don´t want...but it´s not very
elegant...

* Re: Exclude files from Source_Dirs in GPS configuration
@ 2009-08-13 13:07 ` Gautier write-only
From: Gautier write-only @ 2009-08-13 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Maybe this possibility exists, but I would rather avoid it and try to
organize better the folders...

Say your problem is redundant file names, like a "driver.adb", one
version for Linux and one for Windows, and the Linux version is in a
common folder; then I would put each version in a separate folder with
the OS name and explicitly include the folders in the GPS project
according to the OS you want to have an executable for.

Could you say a bit more what you want to obtain with this tactic ?
Gautier's Ada programming -- http://sf.net/users/gdemont/

* Re: Exclude files from Source_Dirs in GPS configuration
@ 2009-08-14 14:25 ` Britt
From: Britt @ 2009-08-14 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Aug 13, 7:56 am, Pablo <pablit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> I have a directory tree with so many files which I address at GPS
> configuration file, for instance, as
>      for Source_Dirs use (".", "Folder\/**");
> but I need to exclude some specific files, how do I do this?
>
> PS.: Sure, I can point to the files that I use "one by one" and
> exclude the files from list I don´t want...but it´s not very
> elegant...

The GNAT Pro 6.2.1 user's guide says there are "Excluded_Source_Files"
and "Excluded_Source_List_File" attributes that you can use in your
project file. I haven't used them myself and don't know kow long these
attributes have been around.

- Britt