From: vincent.diemunsch@gmail.com
Subject: Re: gprbuild fun
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 01:24:42 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2015-06-29T01:24:42-07:00	[thread overview]

Le lundi 29 juin 2015 01:02:23 UTC+2, David Botton a écrit :
> > Sure. What could be the starting point ? Is gnatmake full FSF ? Could it be possible to add a sort of Ant or Maven written in Ada to replace GPR Build ?
>
> gnatmake is full FSF and part of the FSF tree. Once deprecated unless something changes it will no longer be possible to build an FSF GNAT using FSF tools. As it is, I doubt there will be future Windows 64 builds available already after 4.9.x unless we do something.

So the first priority is to save gnatmake as the FSF tool to build FSF GNAT !

I don't really understand what are the technical improvements of GPR Build over gnatmake. All I know is that even for a simple case of code generation using AYacc, I needed to create a makefile and an XML configuration file to use GPR Build...

I thought that if I had a small Ada Library able to manage source files, object files and the equivalent of ".ali" files, I could write directly an Ada program that would call Ayacc and gnatmake, with not more work than creating makefiles and XML files.

Regards,

Vincent