* GPS Debugger exit when "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line" reached.
@ 2016-04-01 11:13 George J
From: George J @ 2016-04-01 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all!I'm using GNAT GPS in my project. I have a problem with debugging. When debugger reaches line "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line("Something");" it exit with "[Inferior 1 (process X) exited with code 1]". So I can't understand, how I can solve this problem. And BTW I have a question, is there any feature to display only "Debug Messages" in console or not?
Thanks.

* Re: GPS Debugger exit when "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line" reached.
@ 2016-04-01 12:18 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2016-04-01 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

George J <ivanov_george@list.ru> writes:

> Hi all!I'm using GNAT GPS in my project. I have a problem with
> debugging. When debugger reaches line
> "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line("Something");" it exit with "[Inferior 1
> (process X) exited with code 1]". So I can't understand, how I can
> solve this problem. And BTW I have a question, is there any feature to
> display only "Debug Messages" in console or not?

George, why do you post messages three times?

Please say what you mean by "when debugger reaches line". Did you put a
breakpoint on it? If so, what did you do next? I most often use gdb from
the command line rather than via GPS; there are four possibilities, (1)
next => run until the next line in the current subprogram is reached,
(2) step => if at a subprogram call, run until the first line of the
subprogram, otherwise as next I think, (3) finish => run until the
current subprogram returns, (4) continue => run until another
breakpoint/exception/end of program (your program ran to end of
program).

In GPS, the buttons that control this are displayed (only while
debugging) at the right-hand end of the row of buttons under the menu
bar.

You do have to have compiled your code for debug (for example, you can't
step into a subprogram that wasn't compiled for debug).

* Re: GPS Debugger exit when "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line" reached.
@ 2016-04-01 12:43   ` George J
From: George J @ 2016-04-01 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, 1 April 2016 15:18:19 UTC+3, Simon Wright  wrote:
> George J <ivanov_george@list.ru> writes:
>
> > Hi all!I'm using GNAT GPS in my project. I have a problem with
> > debugging. When debugger reaches line
> > "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line("Something");" it exit with "[Inferior 1
> > (process X) exited with code 1]". So I can't understand, how I can
> > solve this problem. And BTW I have a question, is there any feature to
> > display only "Debug Messages" in console or not?
>
> George, why do you post messages three times?
>
> Please say what you mean by "when debugger reaches line". Did you put a
> breakpoint on it? If so, what did you do next? I most often use gdb from
> the command line rather than via GPS; there are four possibilities, (1)
> next => run until the next line in the current subprogram is reached,
> (2) step => if at a subprogram call, run until the first line of the
> subprogram, otherwise as next I think, (3) finish => run until the
> current subprogram returns, (4) continue => run until another
> breakpoint/exception/end of program (your program ran to end of
> program).
>
> In GPS, the buttons that control this are displayed (only while
> debugging) at the right-hand end of the row of buttons under the menu
> bar.
>
> You do have to have compiled your code for debug (for example, you can't
> step into a subprogram that wasn't compiled for debug).

Simon hello!Glad to see you again!I'm second day in this group and my previus post were not correct. And I see, if I delete it here, it's displaying somewhere else.
Under "when debugger reaches line" I mean that debugger do not reach the code after "Put_Line" with any conditions(with BP before,on or after "Put_Line" command). That's my problem. When I run program, all ok. But if debug-exit with "[Inferior 1 (process X) exited with code 1]" on "Put_Line" with or without breakpoint.

* Re: GPS Debugger exit when "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line" reached.
@ 2016-04-01 12:44     ` George J
From: George J @ 2016-04-01 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, 1 April 2016 15:43:17 UTC+3, George J  wrote:
> On Friday, 1 April 2016 15:18:19 UTC+3, Simon Wright  wrote:
> > George J <ivanov_george@list.ru> writes:
> >
> > > Hi all!I'm using GNAT GPS in my project. I have a problem with
> > > debugging. When debugger reaches line
> > > "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line("Something");" it exit with "[Inferior 1
> > > (process X) exited with code 1]". So I can't understand, how I can
> > > solve this problem. And BTW I have a question, is there any feature to
> > > display only "Debug Messages" in console or not?
> >
> > George, why do you post messages three times?
> >
> > Please say what you mean by "when debugger reaches line". Did you put a
> > breakpoint on it? If so, what did you do next? I most often use gdb from
> > the command line rather than via GPS; there are four possibilities, (1)
> > next => run until the next line in the current subprogram is reached,
> > (2) step => if at a subprogram call, run until the first line of the
> > subprogram, otherwise as next I think, (3) finish => run until the
> > current subprogram returns, (4) continue => run until another
> > breakpoint/exception/end of program (your program ran to end of
> > program).
> >
> > In GPS, the buttons that control this are displayed (only while
> > debugging) at the right-hand end of the row of buttons under the menu
> > bar.
> >
> > You do have to have compiled your code for debug (for example, you can't
> > step into a subprogram that wasn't compiled for debug).
>
> Simon hello!Glad to see you again!I'm second day in this group and my
previus post was not correct. And I see, if I delete it here, it's

@ 2016-04-01 23:45     ` Dennis Lee Bieber
From: Dennis Lee Bieber @ 2016-04-01 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 1 Apr 2016 05:43:16 -0700 (PDT), George J <ivanov_george@list.ru>
declaimed the following:

>Simon hello!Glad to see you again!I'm second day in this group and my previus post were not correct. And I see, if I delete it here, it's displaying somewhere else.

	Usenet (NNTP) postings are distributed from host to host; many hosts do
not honor NNTP delete messages (I seem to recall hearing of "delete wars"
where people would send delete messages for posts from people they had
arguments with). GoogleGroups blurs the boundary by having both NNTP/Usenet
and Google-only groups shown on one interface.

	Once you submit the message, you should just assume it is out there and
there is no way to correct or change it. DO NOT make small tweaks and
resend the contents -- let the original distribute and if needed make a
reply to it on your next read pass... but not a copy of the message; trim
and point out what you had wrong the first time.

* Re: GPS Debugger exit when "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line" reached.
@ 2016-04-02  5:46   ` George J
From: George J @ 2016-04-02  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

пятница, 1 апреля 2016 г., 15:18:19 UTC+3 пользователь Simon Wright написал:
> George J <ivanov_george@list.ru> writes:
>
> > Hi all!I'm using GNAT GPS in my project. I have a problem with
> > debugging. When debugger reaches line
> > "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line("Something");" it exit with "[Inferior 1
> > (process X) exited with code 1]". So I can't understand, how I can
> > solve this problem. And BTW I have a question, is there any feature to
> > display only "Debug Messages" in console or not?
>
> George, why do you post messages three times?
>
> Please say what you mean by "when debugger reaches line". Did you put a
> breakpoint on it? If so, what did you do next? I most often use gdb from
> the command line rather than via GPS; there are four possibilities, (1)
> next => run until the next line in the current subprogram is reached,
> (2) step => if at a subprogram call, run until the first line of the
> subprogram, otherwise as next I think, (3) finish => run until the
> current subprogram returns, (4) continue => run until another
> breakpoint/exception/end of program (your program ran to end of
> program).
>
> In GPS, the buttons that control this are displayed (only while
> debugging) at the right-hand end of the row of buttons under the menu
> bar.
>
> You do have to have compiled your code for debug (for example, you can't
> step into a subprogram that wasn't compiled for debug).

Today I've tried to compile and build project with different options. So I've got the result : if I build project with "-mwindows" linker option, debugger begins make "Inferior exit with 01" when reaches "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line" with or without breakpoint. Now I think about how to solve this. I'll be glad to any help.

@ 2016-04-02  9:51 ` George J
From: George J @ 2016-04-02  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

пятница, 1 апреля 2016 г., 14:13:21 UTC+3 пользователь George J написал:
> Hi all!I'm using GNAT GPS in my project. I have a problem with debugging. When debugger reaches line "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line("Something");" it exit with "[Inferior 1 (process X) exited with code 1]". So I can't understand, how I can solve this problem. And BTW I have a question, is there any feature to display only "Debug Messages" in console or not?
> Thanks.

I've found one solution.
Before my project is completed I delete "-mwindows" flag from linker, and
console messages are displaying now on the Wnd console (cmd.exe).

But the question "How I can make onle Debug Messages?" is still opened for me..

* Re: GPS Debugger exit when "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line" reached.
@ 2016-04-02 16:06   ` Dennis Lee Bieber
From: Dennis Lee Bieber @ 2016-04-02 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 2 Apr 2016 02:51:57 -0700 (PDT), George J <ivanov_george@list.ru>
declaimed the following:

>???????, 1 ?????? 2016 ?., 14:13:21 UTC+3 ???????????? George J ???????:
>> Hi all!I'm using GNAT GPS in my project. I have a problem with debugging. When debugger reaches line "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line("Something");" it exit with "[Inferior 1 (process X) exited with code 1]". So I can't understand, how I can solve this problem. And BTW I have a question, is there any feature to display only "Debug Messages" in console or not?
>> Thanks.
>
>I've found one solution.
>Before my project is completed I delete "-mwindows" flag from linker, and
>console messages are displaying now on the Wnd console (cmd.exe).
>
>But the question "How I can make onle Debug Messages?" is still opened for me..

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11825945/ada-linker-mwindows-option-kill-text-output

It would seem that the -mwindows option means "do not link console
startup", with no console, there is no stdin/stdout/stderr to which you
could send your messages.

* Re: GPS Debugger exit when "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line" reached.
@ 2016-04-04  7:53   ` briot.emmanuel
From: briot.emmanuel @ 2016-04-04  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Before my project is completed I delete "-mwindows" flag from linker, and
> console messages are displaying now on the Wnd console (cmd.exe).

That has nothing to do with the debugger. When you use -mwindows, you are telling
Windows that your process does not need a console to output anything. And yet
your application is doing exactly that. Hence a crash.

> But the question "How I can make onle Debug Messages?" is still opened for me..

You can't display anything if you used -mwindows

* Re: GPS Debugger exit when "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line" reached.
@ 2016-04-05  1:27     ` George J
From: George J @ 2016-04-05  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

понедельник, 4 апреля 2016 г., 10:53:24 UTC+3 пользователь briot.e...@gmail.com написал:
> > Before my project is completed I delete "-mwindows" flag from linker, and
> > console messages are displaying now on the Wnd console (cmd.exe).
>
> That has nothing to do with the debugger. When you use -mwindows, you are telling
> Windows that your process does not need a console to output anything. And yet
> your application is doing exactly that. Hence a crash.
>
> > But the question "How I can make onle Debug Messages?" is still opened for me..
>
> You can't display anything if you used -mwindows

Ok,I've got!Thanks a lot!