From: claveman@cod.nosc.mil (Charles H. Sampson)
Subject: Re: Code Generation Question
Date: 19 Mar 2001 18:49:50 GMT
Date: 2001-03-19T18:49:50+00:00	[thread overview]

     Jim Gleason of Green Hills has just pointed out to me by email that
the Atomic pragma will probably do what I want.  I think it might be
pretty expensive for us, but I'm one of those who believe that expense
in writing long-lived code is usually irrelevant.

     So, if Atomic works I'm now in an odd position.  I'll have to argue
that the 16-but requirement is not a problem for us Ada users but that
it could be severe in other languages.

                    Charlie

--
******

     For an email response, my user name is "csampson" and my host
is "csc.com".