* Re: Simulation
@ 1992-01-03 17:04 cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!hobbes.physics.uiowa.edu!ns-
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!hobbes.physics.uiowa.edu!ns- @ 1992-01-03 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

by lomow@jade.ab.ca (Greg Lomow):

> I'm looking for information regarding simulation packages written
> in Ada or research reports in this area.

I'm in the midst of a large scale Ada based simulation project.  We have
a conventional discrete-event framework, transliterated from old Pascal
code I had sitting around.  That transliteration effort was an excellent
way to train new research assistants in issues of Ada style, use of packages,
and similar stuff.

Our target application is the simulation of "response to crisis in small,
hierarchically structured groups".  That is, the system we are simulating
consists of a small number of people responding to a crisis, for example,
in the control room of a nuclear reactor or the bridge of a destroyer.
The events in our simulation correspond to people taking actions such as
pushing a button, telling someone something they know, observing some
variable in the real world, or moving from one place to another.  Each
simulated person has a set of beliefs about the world (possibly differing
from the beliefs of others), and each simulated person has a rule base
that determines how they act in response to changes in their beliefs.

(The user community we're working for consists of some business professors
and sociologists, and the Army Research Office is funding us.  Despite our
military funding, we were not told to use Ada; I chose Ada because it was
a good enough language for such a large-scale project, and because I felt
that it was about time that someone at Iowa tried using it.)

I'll give away my basic simulation packages to any and all who ask for them.
software development on training devices and simulators.  These projects
all use Ada and DOD-STD-2167A.  Some typical areas of interest are:
 1. Software acquisition environments
 2. Traceability of requirements through the project
 3. Knowledge based systems for software acquisition
 4. Advanced specification languages
 5. Configuration mangement process tools
 6. Electronic software development folders

Does anyone know of commercial tools (now in the marketplace) which can
assist us in developing a modern software acquisition process.

Paul Byrley
Naval Training Systems Center

only message in thread, other threads:[~1992-01-03 17:04 UTC | newest]