From: kl@sei.cmu.edu (Ken Lee)
Subject: Re: Simtel20 (was: pretty printers/parsers/etc.)
Date: 17 Dec 90 15:00:18 GMT	[thread overview]

>> For the above reasons, I still don't have one for UNIX.

So you want a pretty printer (PP) you can use with a Unix system, huh?
Hey, have I got a deal for you !!

I extracted the PP from SIMTEL20 that is based on an Ada grammar and lex a
few years ago.  I can't remember the exact SIMTEL20 name of the files now.

I have updated and modified the PP as follows: The original version used
lex to parse the input file(s) and created a Scribe output file.
I have an Ada version which creates a Scribe output file, one which
creates Interleaf text files, and one which creates MIF text files
which can be read into FrameMaker.  I also have a C version and a Pascal
version which create Scribe files.  There is enough documentation to demonstrate how the PP's are used.

I will send the source code to anyone who wants it as long as the requests
don't overwhelm me.  Just let me know which pretty printers you would like.
If I am overwhelmed by requests, I'll find another way
to make them available (perhaps on SIMTEL20, ha, ha, ha, ha - just
kidding).

--- Kenneth J. Lee                     Software Engineering Institute
kl@sei.cmu.edu                         Carnegie-Mellon University
(412)268-7702                          Pittsburgh, PA 15213 USA

"Contrariwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be, and
if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.  That's logic!"
                -- Lewis Carroll, "Through the Looking Glass"