* Ada OpenVMS GUI Builder Tool Needed
@ 1997-05-12  0:00 scotts
From: scotts @ 1997-05-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

If anyone knows of a GUI Builder Tool that generates Ada code for
OpenVMS please let me know.

Susan Swanson

* Re: Ada OpenVMS GUI Builder Tool Needed
@ 1997-05-13  0:00 ` Ken Garlington
From: Ken Garlington @ 1997-05-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

scotts@bellatlantic.net wrote:

> If anyone knows of a GUI Builder Tool that generates Ada code for
> OpenVMS please let me know.
>
> Susan Swanson

I believe TeleUse works with OpenVMS (at least, it was at
one point). See

http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/AdaIC/tools/bindings/bindings95/html/section5.html

for a list of GUI builders.

--
LMTAS - The Fighter Enterprise - "Our Brand Means Quality"
For job listings, other info: http://www.lmtas.com or

* Re: Ada OpenVMS GUI Builder Tool Needed
@ 1997-05-13  0:00 ` Jonathan Polley
From: Jonathan Polley @ 1997-05-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3377F484.1951@bellatlantic.net>, scotts@bellatlantic.net wrote:

> If anyone knows of a GUI Builder Tool that generates Ada code for
> OpenVMS please let me know.
>
> Susan Swanson

You may want to look into TeleUSE from Aonix.  I've bee using it for UNIX
(it is suppose to support VMS and Windows) at work and it works well for
the standard Motif displays.  You may want to get an evaluation copy to
give it a try.

Jonathan Polley
polley@netins.net

* Re: Ada OpenVMS GUI Builder Tool Needed
@ 1997-05-14  0:00   ` Kevin Cline
From: Kevin Cline @ 1997-05-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

polley@netins.net (Jonathan Polley) wrote:

>In article <3377F484.1951@bellatlantic.net>, scotts@bellatlantic.net wrote:
>
>> If anyone knows of a GUI Builder Tool that generates Ada code for
>> OpenVMS please let me know.
>>
>> Susan Swanson
>
>You may want to look into TeleUSE from Aonix.  I've bee using it for UNIX
>(it is suppose to support VMS and Windows) at work and it works well for
>the standard Motif displays.  You may want to get an evaluation copy to
>give it a try.
>
>Jonathan Polley
>polley@netins.net

Second that emotion!  I used TeleUSE extensively from 91-93 and found it much
more useable than any other Motif GUI builder.  We looked at UIMX and a couple
others before settling on TeleUSE.  I didn't worry about whether it generated
Ada or C or SNOBOL, though, since I had no intention of ever reading, let
alone modifying the generated code.  I just compiled it to binary and called
it from Ada83.

A great product, but Motif seems to be nearly dead.