From: Dobes Vandermeer <dobes@MINDLESS.COM>
Subject: Windows, DirectX, DLLs, and Gnat
Date: 1998/08/13
Date: 1998-08-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I am trying to write a game in Ada.  It will be multi-platform, but I am
 starting with Windows.  I am just learning Ada programming, and I am also new
 to Windows programming.. I guess I like to swim upstream...

Anyway, I have several questions:

1) How do I get to WinMain?  I need my hInstance for DirectX, and I do not know
 where it goes when my Ada program starts up.

2) I understand that I have to make a .lib file, and write some pragmas to
 interface to the Windows DLL's, but how do i
        a) Ensure I am using the correct parameter passing system
        b) Ensure that the structures going to and from these functions will be
 the right size, with the right fields

3) I am planning to draw by rendering the full image into a buffer, and blitting
 it to the graphics card using DirectDraw.  How do I create a dynamically
 allocated storage for the drawing buffer?

4) Is there a FAQ for this newsgroup?  Where?

5) Are there any valuable online resources specifically for people interested in
 coding Ada under Win32 that I should know about?

6) Is there a package that already does this for Ada?

Thanks in advance,
Dobes