From: 8f27iw6z@canada.com (Tom)
Subject: Re: Which Ada IDE is best for Numerical Analysis?
Date: 15 Oct 2004 01:35:42 -0700
Date: 2004-10-15T01:35:42-07:00	[thread overview]

> Do they have libraries that are avaible to external programs such as ADA?

Actually, I am trying to find out the same thing I know that ADA is
used by many Engineers, for building planes and trains, therefore
someone probably has already researched of this. It makes sense that
the answer is readily available I just didn't want to hunt for it when
it is common knowledge in certain places.

> some statisticil stuff is available as C, such as the general scientfic >library and ada can bind with them.

The problem with C++ is that so many of the mathematical and
statistical functions are in what is called the standard template
library that to get any speed out of C++ you have to write your
programs in unorthodox ways, so I have heard.

> wondering whch language/environment you settled on?

I am still data mining, but so far I would probably choose Mathematica
or Maple  for their mathematical and Statistical libraries because
after much research they seem to have most of what I want for a fairly
reasonable price. Because Pure Mathematics is in less demand in
industry than applied Mathematics; I figuired I would get an Ada
package that links with Fortran and C++. Ada sounds like a reasonable
RAD, rapid application development, language.