From: "Rego, P." <pvrego@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Make with Ada 2019 : DogRobot
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 07:27:35 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2019-02-20T07:27:35-08:00	[thread overview]

> I beleive src is something from the past. Today with command completion and a lot of disc space source is better. I know til is not compliant with some styles.

Maybe one day it will be something from the past, not now. Now even GNAT 2018 suggests this, so it seems pure personal taste.

> Maybe someone like to extend your project later on. Or reuse parts of it (core library or utility)

Still, I will probably publish a couple of separate libraries to do this for the reusable part. But I like to keep the root folder as clean as possible, so having a separate utils.gpr to only compile utils.ads doesn't look good at least on this project. But I like the idea to segregate the libs, though not keeping the each .gpr in root folder (because svn:externals doesn't support merging folders, don't know if git:externals does).

> I use emacs and makefiles makes it easy for me to just M-x compile and then make / make build / make clean / make setup. Maybe there is a better way with gprbuild. I make the makefiles as simple as possible. I am not able to read complex makefiles anyway (as most others I believe)

Now I get your point. It's been a couple of years I don't have to use emacs to code.