From: Frode Tenneboe <ft@alne.edh.ericsson.se>
Subject: Re: GNAT: warning: source alignment....
Date: 18 Jan 2001 13:46:08 GMT
Date: 2001-01-18T13:46:08+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com> wrote:
: In article <979748441.912448@edh3>,
:   Frode Tenneboe <ft@alne.edh.ericsson.se> wrote:
:> eh_uif.adb:239:47: warning: source alignment (1) < alignment
:> of "T_LongRec" (4)

: These warnings are definitely appropriate for the given code.
: We have found this particular warning VERY helpful in porting
: legacy code.

I have no doubts about it, but I'm not sure about exactly
what is going on here. Why does the source alignment have
anything to do with the representation, esp. when dealing
with an unchecked conversion?

I can't find the location in the source where this warning is
produced wither. What about a reference to the RM, or is it
a "nice to have" warning? If so, what are the implications?

 -Frode

--
^ Frode Tenneb�                    | email: ft@edh.ericsson.se      ^
| Ericsson Radar AS. N-1788 Halden |                                |