* Ada for Web..
@ 2014-01-09  9:33 Arif Hussain
From: Arif Hussain @ 2014-01-09  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear All,
Can anyone tell me about the resources where I can learn how to use Ada for web development, something like Authentication, database connectivity, image manipulation, sessions etc.

* Re: Ada for Web..
@ 2014-01-09 18:35 ` JK
From: JK @ 2014-01-09 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 01/09/2014 03:33 AM, Arif Hussain wrote:> Dear All,
> Can anyone tell me about the resources where I can learn how to use Ada for web development, something like Authentication, database connectivity, image manipulation, sessions etc.

Hello,

AWS is the standard tool, though Embedded Web Server is available. I don't think either provides an authentication system, but Jacob Sparre has written, at least, an OAuth module for AWS. AWS handles session. For a product I work on that uses AWS heavily, the authentication system is our own code. There is a wealth of database options: KOW Framework, Coreland's Postgres-Ada, GNADE and a thousand others.

I suggest searching CLA for other threads of the same topic; it has definitely been asked before.

Regards

* Re: Ada for Web..
@ 2014-01-09 20:30 ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2014-01-09 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Arif Hussain <arifhussain.33@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> Can anyone tell me about the resources where I can learn how to use Ada
> for web development, something like Authentication, database
> connectivity, image manipulation, sessions etc.

I've written an SCGI lib called ether on GitHub, needs work.

There is matreshka which has FastCGI support.

* Re: Ada for Web..
@ 2014-01-09 20:34   ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2014-01-09 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

JK <vHZG1@ir0.us> writes:

> Embedded Web Server is available

It's intended for small embedded systems only, so it's probably not a
good match for your requirements. AWS would be a better starting
position.