From: firth@sei.cmu.edu (Robert Firth)
Subject: Re: MC68000 assembler to SPARC assebler cross translator??
Date: 30 Nov 90 17:32:26 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <3538@ssc-bee.ssc-vax.UUCP> maa@ssc-vax.UUCP (Mark A Allyn) writes:

>What I am looking for (either to buy or do) is come up with some means
>to take the MC68000 assembler code that is embedded in the ada modules,
>and translate it to SPARC assembler code so that our Sun-4 based test-bed
>can still run the ada software.

Don't do that.  Instead, go back to the specifications from which
the MC68000 Assembler components were written, and rewrite them in
SPARC Assembler from that specification.

If no such specification exists, or if the existing Assembler isn't
encapsulated into functional units, throw the program away with
considerable force.