* Re: US - IN - Ada Software Developer
@ 1997-05-02  0:00 Marin David Condic, 561.796.8997, M/S 731-93
From: Marin David Condic, 561.796.8997, M/S 731-93 @ 1997-05-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Dewar <dewar@MERV.CS.NYU.EDU> writes:
>If the newsgroup starts getting swamped with such posts, then we can always
>split off a subgroup -- comp.lang.ada.jobs? but that is not yet a problem.
>Furthermore if this does become a problem, it would be a welcome one :-)

    Actually, I'd like to see something like that now - perhaps as a
    way of *attracting* that kind of posting (without cluttering up
    C.L.A.) I'd like to see offerings from end-user companies,
    headhunters, consulting/job-shopper firms, etc. It would be useful
    for those looking for work, those trying to find the best Ada
    people, those trying to get a realistic view of what the market
    will bear, etc. It might help stimulate the Ada market.
    (Perception that there really *is* a market could go a long way to
    helping it to expand.)

    Anybody else like this idea?

    MDC

Marin David Condic, Senior Computer Engineer    ATT:        561.796.8997
Pratt & Whitney, GESP                           Fax:        561.796.4669
West Palm Beach, FL                             Internet:   CONDICMA@PWFL.COM
    "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it."

        --  Steven Wright

* US - IN - Ada Software Developer
@ 1997-05-02  0:00 MikeVeh
From: MikeVeh @ 1997-05-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I apologize if this post offends anyone, but I was advised to go ahead an
post this here and, not knowing otherwise, I figured I'd take a shot at
it.

A Fort Wayne, IN based electronics manufacturer needs Software Developers
with skill in Ada, C/C++ and Unix.  A Bachelor's degree in Computer
Science is preferred but not required.  Company offers an opportunity to
work in a leading edge environment developing new technology.  Excellent
compensation and benefits.

ALSO:

US - IN - Embedded Controls Developer

A Fort Wayne, IN based electronics manufacturer needs Embedded Controls
Developers with skill in C/C++ and Unix.  A Bachelor's degree in Computer
Science or Electrical Engineering with a CS minor is preferred but not
required.  Company offers an opportunity to work in a leading edge
environment developing new technology.  Excellent compensation and
benefits.

For complete information contact Michael Veh (nwest!mkv@mrinet.com) or
Claudia Spencer (nwest!cls@mrinet.com) at Management Recruiters of NW
Ohio, 800.298.4749 or fax a resume to the attention of either person at
419.537.8730.  Email resumes may be sent to MikeVeh@aol.com.

Michael K. Veh

"I'd rather die while I'm living that live while I'm dead."
-- J. Buffett

* Re: US - IN - Ada Software Developer
@ 1997-05-02  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1997-05-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Veh said

<<I apologize if this post offends anyone, but I was advised to go ahead an
post this here and, not knowing otherwise, I figured I'd take a shot at
it.>>

I think we all appreciate your concern (which is sometimes regrettably
rare these days), but in fact at least in my opinion, posting these kind
of opportunities on CLA is fine. They act as a useful reminder that it is
simply not true that there are no Ada jobs around :-)