From: "W. Wesley Groleau (Wes)" <wwgrol@PSESERV3.FW.HAC.COM>
Subject: Re: VMS to Unix (was: Is there a Fortran to Ada translator)
Date: 1997/02/12
Date: 1997-02-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

There is a FORTRAN-66 to Ada translator in the P.A.L. but it's missing
one compilation unit.

If you're going to use GNAT, why not get g77 also?  That way you can
go as slow as you like with translation.

As for as porting from VMS to Unix: There is available a Unix
implementation of all the VMS libraries.  Even includes TPU, EVE, and LSE.
Vendor claims that it's so compatible you can run tools like CMS on Unix.
I've never tried it, but it sounds like it's worth checking out if you
have to do a fast port.

I tried to find a Web reference for it (since I've thrown away all the ads)
but the search string "VMS near Unix near port*" found 800 URLs....

Your sysadmins probably have it in their junk mail.

W. Wesley Groleau (Wes)                                Office: 219-429-4923
Hughes Defense Communications (MS 10-41)                 Home: 219-471-7206
Fort Wayne,  IN   46808                  (Unix): wwgrol@pseserv3.fw.hac.com