* Intermetrics X bindings and Gnat 3.09?
@ 1997-01-28  0:00 Scott Moody
From: Scott Moody @ 1997-01-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

has anyone had experience compiling the x and motif
bindings under gnat 3.09?  I has informed that it
generates all sorts of errors from code that used to work under gnat 3.07.

A quick test on 3.09 reveales the following error:

xt-intrinsic.ads:447:05: warning: no more representation items for type
 "XtConvertArgRec" defined at line 198
xt-intrinsic.ads:2792:05: representation item appears too late

Is there a more recent version of the source??

Thanks

scott

ps.   is   x-ada@x.org    still working? It bounces for me.

* Re: Intermetrics X bindings and Gnat 3.09?
@ 1997-02-07  0:00 ` Nigel J. Tracey
From: Nigel J. Tracey @ 1997-02-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Moody

In article <9701282136.AA22925@plato.ds.boeing.com>,
	Scott Moody <scott@PLATO.DS.BOEING.COM> writes:
>has anyone had experience compiling the x and motif
>bindings under gnat 3.09?  I has informed that it
>generates all sorts of errors from code that used to work under gnat 3.07.
>
>A quick test on 3.09 reveales the following error:
>
>xt-intrinsic.ads:447:05: warning: no more representation items for type
> "XtConvertArgRec" defined at line 198
>xt-intrinsic.ads:2792:05: representation item appears too late
>
>Is there a more recent version of the source??

I have managed to compile the bindings. I had the same error, but
I simply move the representation item from line 2792 up to just
below the point of the record declaration at line 204.

Hope that helps, I can let you have a copy of the source as I have
it if you need. As I have managed to get that to work with Gnat 3.09
on PC/Linux and SGI.

One problem I did have was with Seg Faults, caused with the pthreads
library from the binary distribution of Gnat 3.09 for Linux. This
problem doesn't seem to occur with the pthreads library from Gnat 3.08.

Nigel

Nigel J. Tracey MEng, Research Associate (High Integrity Systems Group).
Department of Computer Science,   Office: X/D016
University of York,               Tel   : [0|+44]1904 432769
York, England.                    E-Mail: njt@minster.york.ac.uk
YO1 5DD.                          URL   : http://sv1pc161.cs.york.ac.uk/~njt