From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Running Ada programs under Condor?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:21:57 GMT
Date: 2001-11-14T14:21:57+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <9ssnmp$am9$1@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>, Bobby D. Bryant says...

>feature (to migrate running jobs between machinces), which requires
>running a Condor-provided wrapper to the compiler (to link in the
>checkpoint stuff, I suppose).  No Ada compilers are listed, but since
>gcc is, and since I'm laboring under the assumption that GNAT is "built
>on" gcc, I'm hoping that the Condor components can be linked in to
>replace gcc modules, rather than any GNAT-specific modules.

Gnat is indeed build on gcc. However, its currently a rather old version of gcc
(2.8.1 on the latest public version). Depending on exactly what that wrapper
does, that may cause you trouble.

The next major revision of gcc will support Gnat, so this problem (if it is a
problem) should go away in a while.

---

However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.